Come summer holidays and mothers put on their thinking caps , on finding ways to entertain their little ones. Summer camps are tooo.. expensive and then you never seem to find one near your home.
As a mother of two overactive kids , I spend time with my children doing these things –
* We sit together and look up old magazines for do-it -yourself crafts.
* Sing songs and ask funny riddles.
* As my kids love colouring we go to the local mall and buy lots ofcolouring books and many a hot summers pass away with my kids having a great time colouring.
* Play carroms , ludo and cards on warm summer afternoons.
* Borrowing story books from the local library to read is also one of their favourite summer activities.On school days they never get the time to read their favourite books.
* Some days we pack a picnic basket and go to the zoo where we have a whale of a time watching the animals and playing games.
* Other days we rent a kids movie,order a pizza and Boy ! do we enjoy ourselves!
* My daughter who really loves dressing up was thrilled when we went shopping and bought a lot of colourful beads. I spent many a happy moments making necklaces and listening to her chatter.
* Evenings in the park playing ball is a great fun activity and helps our family bond.
Friends, children need our time and love and not money . Our most cherished moments are those which we spend with them.