Limits are boundaries which we need to set for our children to act as guidelines for their healthy and safe growth and development.
Children need limits because –
* They are not mature enough to know the rights from the wrongs.
* It helps them to understand what is socially acceptable and what is not.
* It helps them to be safe in an ever incresing dangerous world.
* It helps them from being physically hurt.
* It helps them to make difficult choices and without a guideline they would not always be able to make the best choice.
*It makes a child responsible for his own behavior.
* It makes him feel more safe and secure.
* It will give structure to his growth and help in his overall development.
* He will have less chances of getting into trouble.
Most important, please remember that limits should be set with the child’s age in mind and should be enforced consistently.